5 Things: May 27
Tidbits of information to help you start your weekend early.
1. Centennial School District: No classes will be held Monday for Memorial Day. Enjoy your three-day weekend! (And don’t stay up too late on Sunday).
2. Upper Southampton Township: The Southampton Railroad Station Society is looking to accumulate memorabilia in specifically aiming to create a history book of artifacts and pictures. Can you help with this? Click here for contact information so you can start contributing.
3. Billboard Number One: Today in 1973, Paul McCartney and Wings’s “My love” topped the charts. The reviews for this album, Red Rose Speedway, weren’t too congratulatory, but we’ll let the song sing for itself.
4. The National Council on Skin Cancer Prevention has named today “Don’t Fry Day”. Most of us are heading to the shore or having cook-outs; please be careful in the sun—even if you claim you do not burn. Sun block can be purchased at Walgreens.
5. Green pointer of the day: The Sierra Club encourages readers to carticipate! Carpooling is not only an effective means to help reduce our carbon footprint, but it is also a way to socialize. You can find out who’s carpooling near you with this application.