Weekend Snow, Severe Storm Looming
A massive winter storm is going to hit the Northeast Friday night bringing 1 to 30 inches of snow.
Winter Storm Nemo is going to wallop New England down to New York this weekend, according to The Weather Channel. It could be the biggest storm to hit the area in years, bringing up to 30 inches of snow to the worst hit regions.
Bucks and Montgomery Counties will be at the very southern parts of the storm and will get a nasty wintry mix of sleet and freezing rain with little snow accumulation, according to the National Weather Service.
Here’s the current forecast:
- Today Mostly cloudy, with a high near 32. Light and variable wind becoming east around 5 mph in the morning.
- Tonight Snow likely, mainly after 3am. Cloudy, with a low around 27. East wind 3 to 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Friday Rain or freezing rain likely before 7am, then rain. High near 40. Northeast wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no ice accumulation expected.
- Friday Night Sleet before 9pm, then snow. Low around 25. Blustery, with a northwest wind 14 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 33. Breezy, with a northwest wind 20 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph.