What's Open on Columbus Day in Southampton?
Monday, Oct. 8 is Columbus Day and several places around town will be closed in observance of the holiday.
Here's the list of what is open and closed in Southampton on Columbus Day, Monday, Oct. 8:
- Grocery Stores: Giant and Bunn's Natural Foods will both be open for regular business hours on Monday.
- Bars/Taverns: Pike's, Steam, Maggio's, General Davisand Kenny's all report they will be open for regular hours. Also, the Wine and Spirits store, The Beer Store and Southampton Beverage will all be open.
- Gyms/Health Clubs: Retro Fitness and B&R will be open; LA Fitness is closed through Saturday for renovations.
- All Centennial School District schools and offices will be open.
- All Federal and State Offices
- PennDOT License Centers
- The township building and associated municipal offices.
- OLGC School
- All libraries, including the Southampton Free Library.
- There will be no mail delivery and the Southampton Post Office will be Closed.
Yard Waste will be picked up on Monday as scheduled, and trash and recycling will be collected Friday.
According to the History Channel website, "[Columbus] intended to chart a western sea route to China, India and the fabled gold and spice islands of Asia; instead, he landed in the Bahamas, becoming the first European to explore the Americas since the Vikings set up colonies in Greenland and Newfoundland during the 10th century."
Read more about his journey at History.com.