100 percent reporting; the results are unofficial until declared by the Bucks County Board of Elections
LIVE 2012 BUCKS COUNTY ELECTION RESULTSRace Democratic Candidates Results Republican Candidates Results U.S. President Obama-Biden 159,598 Romney-Ryan 155,876 U.S. Senate Bob Casey
161,373 Tom Smith 146,918 U.S. Congress,
8th District Kathy Boockvar 137,130 Mike Fitzpatrick 175,118 PA Attorney General Kathleen Kane 161,539 David Freed 143,310 PA Auditor General Eugene DePasquale 143,477 John Maher 154,402 PA Treasurer Robert McCord 150,372 Diana Irey Vaughan 147,523 18th State Assembly uncontested
Gene DiGirolamo 18,776 29th State Assembly Brian Munroe 14,904 Bernie O’Neill 20,861 31st State Assembly Steven Santarsiero 20,495 Anne Chapman 15,010 140th State Assembly John Galloway 18,412 Eric David 6,755 141st State Assembly Tina Davis 17,600 Anthony Sposato 6,653 142nd State Assembly uncontested
Frank Farry 20,528 143rd State Assembly Joseph Frederick 12,537 Marguerite Quinn 20,362 144th State Assembly uncontested
25,393 178th State Assembly uncontested
Scott Petri 24,789
In 2004, with about 320,000 total votes, Sen. John Kerry beat incumbent George W. Bush by a slim margin of about 3 percent. Barack Obama, however, beat Sen. John McCain in the 2008 presidential balloting by a 16 percent margin with a total of 332,924 votes cast.
Historically, Bucks sways slightly to the democrats overall in presidential elections. In 2008, most municipalities went to Obama, though Northampton Township and Upper Southampton Township gave McCain a victory over Obama by less than 2,000 votes.
The larger portions of the county, such as the Quakertown and Doylestown areas, leaned heavily to the democrats in 2008. Also, in Lower Bucks, some Bensalem and Levittown area precincts picked Obama 2-to-1.
In state races, Republican Mike Fitzpatrick beat incumbent Patrick Murphy by 9,000 votes for the 8th Congressional District in 2010. This election, Fitzpatrick ran against Kathy Boockvar and won by about 40,000 votes.
- Soldier Not Able to Vote in Falls
- Mysterious Signs Appear at Wrightstown Polling Place
- Poll Worker Frustrated with Problems That Keep Voters from Voting
- Vandal Defaces Bensalem Lawn Sign; Calls Romney the Devil
- Kids Voting: 'We Get Our Own Say'
- Newtown Borough Poll Workers Put Politics Aside
- State Rep. O'Neill Faces Challenge from Munroe
- David Vies For 140th Against Rep. Galloway
- Sposato Challenges State Rep. Davis in 141st State Assembly Race
- Doylestown Votes (Photos)
- Levittown Area Votes (Photos)
- Warminster Votes (Photos)
- Lower Southampton Votes (Photos)
- Election Day in Bensalem (Photos)
- Upper Southampton Votes 2012 (Photos)