The National Weather Service (NWS) in Mount Holly has issued a wind advisory for the Philadelphia area including Bucks and Montgomery counties. Strong gusty winds are expected.
The advisory is in effect from noon Tuesday through midnight.
According to the NWS, a cold front from the west is forecast to pass through Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware and New Jersey on Tuesday night. A strong south to southwest wind is anticipated in advance of the front`s arrival.
A south wind at 20 to 25 mph on Tuesday afternoon becoming southwest on Tuesday evening is expected with wind gusts around 45 mph.
The NWS said strong wind may bring down tree limbs and utility lines. Outdoor items such as patio furniture and garbage cans will be blown about. The wind may also make driving difficult, especially on bridges and on elevated roadways.
Here’s the extended forecast for Southampton:
- Today - Showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 10am. High near 79. Breezy, with a south wind 8 to 13 mph increasing to 17 to 22 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
- Tonight - Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before midnight, then showers likely. Some of the storms could produce gusty winds and heavy rain. Low around 61. Breezy, with a south wind 14 to 23 mph becoming west after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 36 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.
- Wednesday - Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 73. North wind 10 to 14 mph.
- Wednesday Night - Mostly clear, with a low around 51. North wind around 6 mph.
- Thursday - Mostly sunny, with a high near 75. Northeast wind around 6 mph becoming east in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night - Partly cloudy, with a low around 54.
- Friday - Mostly sunny, with a high near 78.
- Friday Night - Partly cloudy, with a low around 61.
- Saturday - A chance of showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 79. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Saturday Night - A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 58. Chance of precipitation is 30%.