Thursday, October 18, 2012
Crews have been working to finish the playground and construction is expected to be completed by Monday.
The completion of the playground at Veterans' Field rounds out the $1M renevation project at the Street Road Complex. Crews have been working to finish the playground and construction is expected to be completed by Monday. The fence around the field has been installed and the snack stand is open. In fact, the only item left on the punch list for the project is the relocation of the Veterans' Memorial from the corner of Street Road and Second Street Pike to its new home at the field. Township supervisors voted Tuesday to hold an informal ribbon-cutting ceremony on Veterans' Day (Sunday, Nov. 11) with a larger, more formal ceremony to follow on Memorial Day 2013. The total cost of the playground is approximately $47,000.
Thursday, June 14, 2012
The Friends of Tamanend Park have been organizing a restoration project for the pond that is almost complete and the changes are immediately evident.
If you have been recently been to Tamanend Park you may have noticed the pond has a brand new look. "We have been wanting to do this project for about two years now," said Friends of Tamanend Park Secretary Shirlee Sherman. "We asked the township for the funding, and so far they have provided us with what we need." Those funds have paid for several upgrades, both practical and cosmetic, at one of the park's main attractions. Sherman said when the work began earlier this spring the first thing that was done was that everything was removed from the pond, including the wildlife. She said after all of the animals and frogs were taken to the Churchville Nature Center, everything was removed and the pond was dredged. Then, the drainage …
Tuesday, October 11, 2011
Tidbits of information to help you get through the day.
If you missed out on registering for one of the many classes offered through Upper Southampton’s Parks and Recreation Department this fall, don’t sweat it. Many have a second session starting over the next few weeks. Check out the Parks and Recreation Newsletter for more details on what is being offered and when. The Centennial School Board will meet this evening at the Johnsville Administration Building, 433 Centennial Road, in Warminster at 7 p.m. Don't have the time to attend the meeting in person? You can always watch the action live via the district’s website or the district's cable channel (channel 28 for Comcast subscribers or channel 36 for Verizon subscribers). This Day in History: October 10, 1975 proved to be a big day for pop …
Friday, October 7, 2011
Tidbits of information to get a jumpstart on your weekend.
1. Support Klinger Middle School's music program by joining the 5k walk this weekend. The walk will begin at Bryn Gweled Community Center, 1805 Meadow Road, on Saturday at 9 a.m. The cost is $20 for adults, $10 for teens and $5 for kids. 2. This weekend is one of the final outings of season for the Village Market, located at Knowles Avenue and Second Street Pike. Hours are Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. 3. Billboard No. 1: Today in 1959, Bobby Darin’s “Mac The Knife” topped the charts. Please enjoy this classic hit here. 4. Centennial School District: Parents, guardians and students of CSD, please be sure to frequently check the e-folder for important notices and flyers regarding your schools’ activities. 5. Upper Southampton Parks and …
Thursday, October 6, 2011
Tidbits of information to get you through the day.
1. Upper Southampton Township: The Environmental Advisory Council will be meeting tonight at 7 p.m. in the Township administration building. Learn more about this facet of your local government and stay up-to-date with the latest developments. 2. Our Lady of Good Counsel School: The last opportunity to register for the winter season of basketball will take place tonight at 7 p.m. in the gymnasium. Click here to find the registration form, which should be completed prior to attending, and fee information. 3. Billboard No. 1: Today in 1961, Ray Charles’ “Hit the Road Jack” topped the charts. Watch a performance of this ‘hit’, and maybe it will put a kick in your step today. 4. Centennial School District: The PSBA Buxmont Regional meeting …
Wednesday, October 5, 2011
Tidbits of information to get you over the hump.
1. Centennial School District: The Operations Committee will be meeting tonight at 7 p.m. in the district administration building located at 433 Centennial Road. In reading tonight’s minutes in advance, you can develop questions to ask at the meeting. 2. Our Lady of Good Counsel Parish: OLGC is seeking individuals to apply for the position of a full-time maintenance employee. Please call 215-357-1300 for application procedures. 3. Billboard No. 1: Today in 1988, Def Leppard’s “Love Bites” topped the charts. I liked this song way too much in the eighth grade along with my coinciding “Pyromania” t-shirt, (which now, I hope, some other 80s child wannabe is enjoying just as much as I did). 4. Pickyourown.org informs readers of the perfect time…
Tuesday, October 4, 2011
Tidbits of information to get you through the day.
1. Centennial School District: Home and School Association meetings for Klinger Middle School and Log College Middle School will take place tonight 7 p.m. Check here for all details. 2. Upper Southampton Township: The Board of Supervisors' meeting will be held tonight at 7:30 p.m. at the Southampton Free Library. Check back here for the minutes of tonight’s discussion. 3. Billboard No. 1: Today in 1970, Neil Diamond’s “Cracklin’ Rosie” topped the charts. Do you have any insight on what it means to be described as “cracklin’ as referenced in this hit? Provide your suggestions below. 4. Parents and Guardians of Upper South Basketball can find the upcoming season’s schedule here along with important contact information. 5. Upper Southampton …
Monday, October 3, 2011
Crisp tidbits of information to coincide with the weather.
1. Centennial School District: Home and School meetings for Willow Dale Elementary School and McDonald-Davis Elementary School will take place tonight 7 p.m. Check here for all details. 2. Upper Southampton Township: The Planning Commission meeting will be held tonight at 7 p.m. in the Township administration building. Learn more about this function of your Township here. 3. Billboard No. 1: Today in 1957, Jimmie Rodgers’ “Honeycomb” topped the charts. This hit was number one the day my grandparents got married. Perhaps you remember when this song was popular. Let me know below! 4. The Jesus Focus Ministry is holding Bible study sessions tonight at 7:30 p.m. at its teaching center, which is located at 1150 Bristol Road in Churchville. Call…
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Tidbits of information to get you to see the fun over the hump.
1. Centennial School District: It’s Picture Day for Longstreth Elementary School. You know it’s a good sign when the photographer’s assistant does NOT have to brush the bumps out of your hair… 2. Our Lady of Good Counsel Parish: The first session of the Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA) will be meeting tonight at 6:30 p.m. at the Trinity Center. Those interested in becoming Catholics are invited to call 215-357-1300 for more information. Read about this program in the Parish bulletin. 3. Billboard No. 1: Today in 1943, Bing Crosby’s “Sunday, Monday, or Always” topped the charts. This is a classic that may be ahead of a lot of our times--but all the more reason to enjoy this tune! 4. The Sierra Club encourages individuals to be…
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Tidbits of information to help you 'hang on.'
1. Centennial School District: The School Board will be meeting tonight at 7 p.m. at the administration building located at 433 Centennial Road. Click here for tonight’s agenda. 2. Our Lady of Good Counsel Parish: Winter sports registration will begin tonight at 7 p.m. in the gym/auditorium. Page seven of the Parish bulletin outlines more criteria for this process. 3. Billboard No. 1: Today in 1965, The McCoys’ “Hang on Slooppy" topped the charts. I hope you like this song; it’s fun to listen and sing along to! 4. Upper Southampton Township requires residents to seek official approval for plan examination and building. Once the permit is completed, it can be brought to the Township administration building. 5. Upper Southampton Parks and …