Every year, millions of children sit down to make a wish list for Santa, hoping their Christmas dreams will come true.
But what if Santa wrote back? The United States Postal Service is accepting "Letters From Santa," a program allowing anyone to write a letter to any child, signed by Santa.
According to a postal service news release, "The 'Letters From Santa' program helps parents fulfill the dreams of their own children."
Instructions to send a letter from Santa:
- Write a letter to your child from Santa Claus and sign it “From Santa.”
- Insert the letter into an envelope addressed to your child with the return address: SANTA, NORTH POLE.
- Ensure a First-Class Mail stamp is affixed to the envelope.
- Place the envelope into a larger envelope, with appropriate postage, and address the larger envelope to:
NORTH POLE POSTMARK
4141 POSTMARK DR
ANCHORAGE AK 99530-9998
- Your letter “From Santa” will be mailed back to your child, postmarked from the North Pole.
- “Letters From Santa” must be mailed to the Anchorage, AK, postmaster no later than Dec. 10. Santa’s helpers in Anchorage will take care of the rest.
In Southampton, letters to Santa can be dropped off at the Southampton Post Office.